Thursday, December 16, 2010

I lost the fight

Hi,

Its been a week or so since my last update. This past weekend Kenneth and I had a game using one of the scenarios from Astronomicon. The scenarios initially has a baneblade as a tank and it actually moves, but since Kenneth and I were doing this for the 1st time and to be perfectly honest, we both hate complex scenarios which has a ton of rules. In this game that we had, I learn something Huge, that offensive and defensive grenades are actually brilliant and VERY important. Since it was a game whereby its Orkz vs Orkz, having the stikkbombz will gain Orkz an advantage, coz when either side charges into cover, at least they do not strike last. Anywayz, we decided to swap the Baneblade with Kenneth's Shadowsword, and place the Shadowsword right in the center of the table, and whoever has an INfantry model touching the tank gets to fire all its gunz at the Orkz fantastic bs. However if there is an opponent's infantry touching the tank as well, on that particular player's turn, he has to roll 4+ to fire the tank. They iz fighting over which button to prezz.

We deployed on the short edges of the table, and we agreed that on the 1st turn, only the models on foot will be marching in from the edges, and on turn 2, all other stuff including infantry with transports will then start coming in from the edge.

Kenneth who secured the1st turn obviously will be getting to the Shadowsword 1st. Whenever you want to even consider to drive your own tanks through DT, be sure to check if your tank  is equipped with a dozer blade or not, else getting immobolise in the middle of no mans's land is a disgrace to the imperium. Guess what, the silly SHadowsword is actually empty, which is such a shame, to think that the tank commander and his   crew will abandon the tank when they see Orkz coming. They should have stayed and die with thetank, just like how Kaptins die with their ships, the tank being abandoned will mean that there is no 2nd prize if we did not loot the tank before the other blue Orkz loot it. If we lost, we be going home empty handed, cos there is no tank commander for us to capture and rape. On to the battlefield Boyz.....


The Prized Posesion,the abandoned Shadowsword

My Edge of the table asI rolled in in turn 2

Kenneth's side of the table




Kenneth brought along his Lootas,Idid not



I may have a Godly KFF, but Kenneth's Orkz bought terminator armour. He complained that I saved 3 Str D hits from the Shadowsword, but he forget to mention that he make 3 6+ saves from my Burnaz

Seriously nothing from the game disturb me a lot, except the fact that when Orkz charge into cover, they don't kill other Orkz 1st, as they strike at I1. I really mind the fact that when I charge , I strike later than the dude who is hum and hide in cover. Time to replan my lists and buy stikkbombz. If you wonder why I never realise this earlier and buy them, cos  those damn Marines get them Free, GDI

No comments:

Post a Comment